Gain Skills To Lead With Respect And Build a Respectful Team Culture
We’ve moved past the Golden Rule of treating others the way you want to be treated, and moved on to the Platinum Rule: Treat others the way they want to be treated. We all define respect differently and therefore leaders have to get good at understanding what respect means to each of their team members. It all starts with respectful, professional communication on their part. From there, leaders can work directly with their team to create a respectful team environment.
This course will help leaders define disrespectful behaviors, and the role they play in removing them from their teams. Leaders will gain a list of personal action items they can take to adjust their own behavior, and tangible action items they can develop with their teams.
At the end of this course, attendees will be able to:
- act in ways that build up their team members’ confidence
- understand what someone said through active listening
- show people their input was valued through question asking and nonverbal communication
- explore their own perceptions, stereotypes and biases in order to overcome them
- author effective and professional emails and social media posts
- persuade their team members using tried and true respectful techniques, so that persuasion is respectful rather than forced
- set a positive tone and outlook for the team
- use the five-facet approach to professionalism in all interactions
- effectively and respectfully communicate with team members who are not demonstrating respect in order to correct the behavior immediately
- create a workplace that values diversity and inclusion
This course is highly interactive, and includes a workbook, activities, discussions and assessments.