Increase Employee Performance
Annual performance evaluations, or performance reviews, are oftentimes fun for no one. Most managers and supervisors don’t like giving them and most employees don’t like receiving them. This reaction is unfortunate because the purpose of a performance evaluation is to acknowledge employees’ successes to make them even better performers. But many workplaces have forgotten what evaluations are about – somewhere along the line performance evaluations became a scary formal conversation behind a closed door with negative feedback and a form that goes in the employee’s file with a black mark that scars a personnel file forever.
This training course offers insight into how to make your performance evaluation conversations – and the overall process of performance management – pleasant, useful and successful. Properly managing your employees’ performance throughout the year and conducting effective performance evaluations annually can increase employee motivation and engagement. This training course provides practical information on performance management and annual performance evaluations.
After attending this course, attendees will be able to:
- Discuss the overall process of performance management
- Confidently set expectations with employees
- Coach employee performance to meet their and the organization’s expectations
- Use performance improvement plans to improve performance
- Motivate employees with the right rewards
- Conduct effective performance appraisals and disciplinary conversations
- Confidently give verbal and written warnings as part of the disciplinary process
- Coach poor performers into great performers
This course is highly interactive, and includes a workbook, activities, discussions and assessments.