CA Law mandates that employers with 5 or more employees provide company-wide HARASSMENT PREVENTION TRAINING.
Learning how the law defines harassment is nice, but knowing how to step in when it occurs is better. And that’s what we bring to the table. Get compliant, and give employees real tools for prevention.
CA COMPLIANT HARASSMENT PREVENTION TRAINING
Our training will help you be compliant with the law AND help your employees gain impactful insight – such as a broader look at negative behavior, how to step in, and how to build a culture intolerant of bad behavior.
PART 1. COMPANY-WIDE
In the first hour of training, all of your workforce will be able to:
- Define the relationship between incivility, bullying and harassment, and their impact on targets, witnesses, customers and the business
- Discuss federal and state laws related to sexual harassment and some basic court decisions
- Understand bullying, discrimination and harassment as a social phenomenon, which everyone has a responsibility to confront
- Use a variety of methods for addressing unwanted advances, and stepping in when witnessing inappropriate behavior directed at others
- Describe your sexual harassment policy, how to report complaints, and their role and responsibilities in promoting a workplace free of harassment
- Develop a personal action plan for living the company core values, and participating in collective building of culture defined by respect
PART 2. MANAGER/SUPERVISOR
Employees will be excused, and during the second hour of training, attendees will be able to:
- Identify symptoms of negative behaviors and risk factors within their own departments
- Understand obligations with respect to investigations and handling of complaints
- Immediately implement tools to address negative behaviors, including coaching and performance management
- Discuss best practices to avoid harassment claims
- Build a plan with their employees for creating a positive culture
Want to learn more? Give us a call or schedule an appointment.